Floating Docks Venice – Azienda Veneziana della Modalità S.p.a. – 2019
Installations of floating docks for the access to the marina and mooring at the dock of “Sacca della Misericordia” in Venice.
Manufacturing of floating docks with the following characteristics:
- Support structure made of S275JO steel elements.
- Concrete floats with increased height of 2.3 × 2.0 x 0.90 (meters) made of reinforced concrete and added with polypropylene fibers, with polystyrene core (density 15 kg/m3) in order to ensure the unsinkability.
- Floor surface made of hard exotic wood slats.
- Wooden fender of the same material as the walking surface.
- Connection joints made of ShA75 neoprene blocks clamped with stainless steel pins.
The floating docks has been designed to ensure the correct strength. The frame is made out of galvanized steel, dimensioned for works in particularly unfavorable weather conditions.